question

lgadzikwa avatar image
lgadzikwa asked

3 Inverters or single inverter

Am looking at installing a solar system that uses solar during the day and blend power from the grid and battery bank at night. Looking at 15KWp system. The property is on 3-phase.

1 - Do i need 5kva Victron inverters one for each phase? should these inverters be single phase or 3-phase?

2- Or should i get a 3-phase 15kva inverter to be shared by all three phases?

Power blending for the whole property is key during the day and night with solar being prioritised.

victron
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

misullivan avatar image misullivan commented ·

If going the Victron route an inverter is needed for each phase unless there is a new 3phase inverter that I don’t know about.

They all need to connect to the same battery bank, and need a single GX device (if you were thinking about using 3x easy solars... ie if you do you’d need to disconnect the GX from 2 of them and link the multipluses into the remaining one... *not recommended*)

0 Likes 0 ·
lgadzikwa avatar image lgadzikwa misullivan commented ·

Thank you, quite helpful

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@Lgadzikwa, @misullivan is correct, you would need 3 compatible Victron inverters configured for 3-phase operation.

Please see the Parallel and 3-Phase VE.Bus System Manual for more information as well as further helpful links to other Victron documentation about this.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic