question

alex-rhys-hurn avatar image
alex-rhys-hurn asked

How resistant to harsh vibration are victron products in offroad trailer

I see a lot of installs of victron products in camping trailers, rvs and caravans etc. There is even a documented victron “van” install design.

i live in Africa, have used multiplus in my house for years, but am considering installing one in my offroad safari trailer.

Before i do, can anyone comment on their performance in this environment of very rough roads, corrugations, pothole tarmac etc.

The trailer suspension is probably a little harsher than the towing vehicle to add insult to injury.

Thoughts appreciated.

Alex

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Gerrit avatar image
Gerrit answered ·

Hi Alex. Thanks for your questions. Victron Energy products can withstand some vibration indeed as its designed around automotive and Marine applications too. All electronics are coated with conformal coating helping them not to move around when there is vibration. Some products like the MPPT or DC to DC chargers are in-potted with epoxy and can withstand much more. Always look where you will install the unit. Keep in mind ventilation must be good and dust and water and excessive heat must stay out.Never install products in the engine compartment. Mount your products on a rubber standoff that will help more with vibration. Hope my info helps.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.