question

skyfly avatar image
skyfly asked

BlueSolar 100/50 delivers up to 21Volt

Hello together,

I have inside my Camper a Victron installation (beside the LIFEPO). Here I use CMS Batteries LIFEPO 120AH with an integrated BMS.

The wiring is like the attached sheet from Victron.

The problem is - If the Multiplus is connected to shore power, the sun is shinning and the MPPT 100/50 will deliever power AND the LIFEPO are full the DC voltage rise over 14.6 volt. If this happens the integrated LIFEPO Battery Management will disconnet the LIFEPO. Direct after this the DC Voltage raise up to 21Volt and at the End the Multiplus will disconnect with Errors.

If I disconnect the PV Array via the PV Breaker and only the Multiplus is working - its fine.

If I switch off the Multiplus via frontswitch and only the MPPT is working - its fine.

If I connect both it works well till the LIFEPO are full. Then the DC Power raise each second from 13.4 V in 0.1 Volt steps up to 14.6 Volt. The BMS switch off the LIFEPO , the power raise up to 21V and a lot of Overvoltage errors appears. In the End the Multiplus run in an Overload - Low Battery error and I must diconnect the MPPT and restart the Multiplus.

Used System:
Multiplus 3000/12V/220V
MPPT 100/50

440 WP PV Array 12V

500A Shunt BMV-712

actual not installed - Multicontrol Panell to disable the Inverter

Do you have any idea how to solve this?
Thanks

Old German version:

Hallo, ich habe einen Multiplus 3000, und einen BlueSolar 100/50 an 2 LIFEPO4 ( 12Volt) angeschlossen. Der Multi lädt die Lifepo sauber (nicht über 14,6 Volt). Bei 14,6 Volt schaltet der interne Batterie Manager der Lifepo die Batterien ab. Wenn ich nun den Bluesolar dazu schalte und die Batterien voll sind geht die Spannung langsam über 14,6v, die Batterien schalten intern ab und die Spannung steigt rapide auf über 20 Volt an. Trenne ich die Solarpannels, geht die Spannung wieder zurück auf die Lifepo Spannung von 13,6V. Der BlueSolar steht auf Stellung 7 für Lifepo.was kann hier die Ursache sein? Ist es nicht so, dass egal was ist, der Ausgang des BlueSolar auf 14,2V begrenzt sein sollte? Gemessen wurde das ganze mit einem BMV 712 und 500A shunt. Die folgenden Bilder sind die Panells abgeschalten.

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Maybe the charge controller is set for 24V batteries.
You should go to settings -> Battery Voltage to check and set this correctly.

1596960469156.png (12.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

skyfly avatar image
skyfly answered ·

It seams that this behavior is only if the Multiplus is connected to 220V input. Today I used only the Solar panel and it worked fine the whole day. In maximum the panel delievered 18 A and the Lifepo where fully loaded without an overpower error. The Multiplus was configured manually with the dip switches. If only the Multiplus is connected to 220 V at Inputside it worked fine too. But both together I had several Overvoltage Errors after a few minutes. The Multiplus showed after a time an low battery and overload error ( blinking led).

2 |3000