question

fede-h avatar image
fede-h asked

Can I use the MPPT with a small panel to maintain my gel batteries while not in use for long periods of time?

I have a setup consisting of 2 x 330Wp panels connected to a blue solar 100/50 controller to charge 2 x 190Ah 12 batteries. This setup is for an off-grid cabin that will not get use during many months (6-9). During these months, the 330Wp panels will be disconnected and stored. The question is: Can I use a small 20W (21.5Voc) panel to maintain the batteries topped during these 8-9 months via the MPPT charger?

MPPT ControllersMultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
launacorp avatar image
launacorp answered ·

2 from this panels in series may be possible, but 1 panel wont work. Think of the Vbatt +5V to start charching. This will happen in this large amount of months not often. So better grep two of this panels in series to reach the Vbatt +5V even on "not perfect days".

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

fede-h avatar image
fede-h answered ·

Thank you!

2 |3000