question

dbow32 avatar image
dbow32 asked

Inverter shuts down with "low battery" at 12.6 VDC

So I just installed my inverter a month or so ago. I have the 12v 3000 Multi with 2 Renogy 200 AH's each (400ah). They are a bit old and are not at full capacity for sure. They rest at 12.8 VDC so the capacity is not perfect.

I decided to run a test to see how long they would last. I got them fully charged up and unplugged everything so the inverter was on "invert". I turned all loads off except for my fridge and set a stop watch to see how long it would run. The fridge was pulling 31 amps continuously and after about 30 min the inverter flashed a "Low Battery" warning and shut it's self down. So I checked the BMV and it said the voltage on the batteries was sitting about 12.6 V. So I repeated the steps and did it again and the same results happened. This time it shut down around 12.5 V.

I'm really new to this inverter and I'm just starting to learn how it works. I just purchased the USB bus so that I can get in and change settings but I'm not sure what I'm doing.

What low voltage should my inverter shut off? I know I need to get new batteries and my goal is at least 2 Battle Born 100AH batteries, but It's not in the budget right now.

can I lower the batter shut off to more out of my batteries until I can afford to replace them?

What settings should I change if so?

Thanks

Dave

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Rob Fijn avatar image
Rob Fijn answered ·

Hello Dbow32, you need a interface and download a software tool from the victron web-site. Then in the config tool you can change this value:

Regards,

Rob

1596835430199.png (42.3 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic