question

deano9 avatar image
deano9 asked

Smartsolar MPPT 75/15 Load turning off and on

I have a Smartsolar MPPT 75/15 and after updating to firmware 1.50 the load turns itself off then back on 1 second later. This occurs when I turn on the tv circuit and occasionally when the fridge cycles on. The total load output with everything running is very low, 5 to 6 amps. I have seen other questions with users having the same problem however I can not find if a firmware update is due to fix this issue.

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
launacorp avatar image
launacorp answered ·

If the Start current is higher than 15A the MPPT shuts off. Check this. I don't think it's a Software problem

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

deano9 avatar image deano9 commented ·

Thanks for the reply. It happens so quick it must be the immediate surge when tv is turned on. Unfortunately too quick to read the amps. Strange it only does it since the firmware update.

0 Likes 0 ·
launacorp avatar image
launacorp answered ·

Disconnect fridge and set TV to standby (not starting after Powercable pluged in). Then start TV from standby. Just for testing

2 |3000

dazey77 avatar image
dazey77 answered ·

its inrush current peaking over 15A and causing the MPPT to disconnect. Typical with fridges when the compressor cuts in. I had to take my fridge off the load output. You loose consumption metering of course. If you still want the MPPT to control the fridge power you can run a relay off the MPPT giving you control (but still no metering)

2 |3000