question

andyboater avatar image
andyboater asked

Multiplus 12/3000/120 cooling fan never stops

The unit was installed in 2012 and since then has had periods when the cooling fan runs continuously for no reason. In between times the fan never comes on, for example the last year or so, but now it has started again, day and night, relentless, other than that the unit seems to be functioning correctly.

To be clear, this happens when on shore power ( charger only ), and when on battery power ( inverter on ). In all cases there is no load whatsoever on the unit, either charging batteries, or from the mains, and the temperature is low - one time the ambient temperature was 11 DEG C ( winter ). My usual trick was to turn off the inverter for 20 mins or so then when turned back on all would be well, but that didn't work recently ( see below ) :-

The last year or more the fan has not run, then 32 hours ago we ran the washing machine from the inverter, the fan came on under high load, as I would expect, fair enough. But since then the load has been low ( 1A drawn from 12v input ) and the fan has been running 90% of the time.

I will try the power cycle trick again in the hope of getting a good night's sleep, otherwise any helpful ideas are welcome !

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers