question

okceg avatar image
okceg asked

Quattro 24/8000 turns off when connecting anything to VE.BUS

Dear all,

I have a strange phenomenon.

When anything is connected to the VE.BUS ports the Quattro switches off. You can hear it trying to switch on again but it won't.

I have an old Microprocessor Quattro.

Devices I have tried to connect to the VE.BUS:

- Digital Remote

- Victron NMEA2000 interface

- Cerbo GX

I have tried changing the RJ45 cable - no help.

As soon as I deconnect the RJ45 cables, it switches on and stays on. Functions normally.

Kind regards!

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Peter Buijs - NL avatar image
Peter Buijs - NL answered ·

I experienced the same... switching off when connecting to VE Bus.

I updated the firmware to 159 in the Quattro and the problem was gone...

If you run FW 2.xx with Assistants you need to update to at least 2.04 (2.09 is the latest)

The Victron firmware changelog confirms this

xxxx204

· A product that is on, will no longer switch off when a MK2.2b or BPP is plugged in

· The Grid Support assistant can use temperature compensation in the charge profile.

xxxx151

· Code changed to prevent a Multi/Quattro to switch off the moment a remote panel or MK2 is connected.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

quaintjames avatar image quaintjames commented ·
Hi @Peter Buijs - NL - this is excellent detective work. How were you able to update the firmware without connecting an RJ45? Maybe I'm missing something - I've got a Phoenix Multi that I'm trying to connect to with a MK2.2b RJ45 -> RS232.

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·