question

phys1989 avatar image
phys1989 asked

Is it possible to connect PV or MPPT directly to Multiplus 24/5000/120?

Hello,

Is it possible to connect directly at this Multiplus the mppt or PV to the battery pole +/-?

best regards,

AS

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
albert-vd-westhuizen avatar image
albert-vd-westhuizen answered ·

Not sure if I understand your question correctly but herewith attempt to answer. You cannot connect the PV array directly to the inverter or the battery. Connect the PV array (with adequate string protection) to the correctly sized PWM or MPPT Solar Charge Controller (SCC) and then connect the output of the SCC to the inverter/battery.

You can connect the SSC to either the battery or the inverter +/- terminals. In an off-grid setup it is recommended to connect to the battery terminals and with a grid connected system to the inverter +/- terminals. A set of DC termination busbars can also be used for connections.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @phys.1989

Definitely not the PV directly.

But the output from the mppt could go there, and this is exactly what happens inside the Easysolar boxes. They fuse the mppt output, so don't forget to do that..

Edit/: Crossed with Albert, but left anyway..

1 comment
2 |3000

phys1989 avatar image phys1989 commented ·

Thank you for reply! So i will connect, with fuse, the mppt to the inverter of multiplus to by-pass the battery too old. It is also provided the connection to the grid. Than i will use during the day the solar power or a combination of solar and grid power and during the night the grid power?! Is that right?

thank you

AS

0 Likes 0 ·
phys1989 avatar image
phys1989 answered ·

Thank you for reply! So i will connect, with fuse, the mppt to the inverter of multiplus to by-pass the battery too old. It is also provided the connection to the grid. Than i will use during the day the solar power or a combination of solar and grid power and during the night the grid power?! Is that right?

thank you

AS

1 comment
2 |3000

albert-vd-westhuizen avatar image albert-vd-westhuizen commented ·

Correct. Just to be clear - you should keep the battery connected to the system, even if not in good condition as is needed to keep system 'alive'. Install the ESS assistant and set ESS Mode to 'Keep batteries charged'.

0 Likes 0 ·