question

bernieq avatar image
bernieq asked

bluethooth not working

Hi first post..

I have a 100amp Victron lithium battery and a 100/30 victron solar controller and a 250w splar panel .

Last weekend the bluetooth stopped working on my phone (android)

I have done all the usual things...turn phone off...delete victron,,re-install victron... but nothing makes the bluethooth work.

Is there a problem with the bluethooth ??? is there a remedy ??

BernieQ

Bluetooth
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hello BernieQ,

Can you perhaps be a little more specific on what is working and what is not working:

Are the SmartSolar and battery visible in VictronConnect when you scan?
Are they visible in the bluetooth menu of the phone?
Are you able to connect in VictronConnect or at what percentage does the connection stop?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
bernieq avatar image bernieq Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ commented ·

My phone can not connect to the victron solar regulator.

I down loaded the app to my wife's phone and the same thing there is nothing coming from the controller

It was working ? this started last weekend ?

BernieQ.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi BernieQ,

You could try to disconnect both the battery and the PV to power cycle the MPPT. If there is a software issue with Bluetooth chip in the MPPT, this will restart it and it might work again. Otherwise I suspect a hardware failure.

Regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

7 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bernieq avatar image bernieq commented ·

I disconnected the solar controller from the battery ..Now at least my phone can see the controller...But when I put in the 000000 it goes up to about 80 percent then takes me back to the same place...what do i need to do now ???

BernieQ

0 Likes 0 ·
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ bernieq commented ·

Hi BernieQ,

Did you already gave it a different pincode in the past? In that case, this pincode should be used. If you forgot the pincode, then it can be reset to 000000 using VictronConnect: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:start#bluetooth_smart_-_resetting_the_pin_code

Regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
bernieq avatar image bernieq Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ commented ·

Yes I'm using the 000000 pin code

It keeps taking me back to "device name" I have been just putting the six zero's there ...Is there something else I should use ??

BernieQ .

0 Likes 0 ·
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ bernieq commented ·

Hi BernieQ,

Did you change the pin code in the past to something different than 000000?

Regards,

Thiemo

0 Likes 0 ·

No I haven't changed the pin number .

BernieQ

0 Likes 0 ·

You could try to reset the pin code (although is should already be "000000"). Procedure is described here: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:start#bluetooth_smart_-_resetting_the_pin_code

After the pin code reset, try to connect and use "000000" as pin code.

If the pin code reset or the connection after this this fails, please make a service report and post it here. Procedure for a service report is here: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:start#how_to_create_a_victronconnect_service_report

Regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·

Thanks for your help... its now working...not sure which of ALL the inputs I done was the one that fixed it...

I deleted the app from the phone put it back in was still the same...I removed the controller from my phone and reinstalled the Bluetooth and still wouldn't work I then shut my phone down ...and bugga me it worked this time .

Was a pain in the butt .

Thanks everyone with the suggestions .

BernieQ .

0 Likes 0 ·