question

alina avatar image
alina asked

Smart solar 75/15 not working

DE740E7B-34D4-49F7-BAA2-4A4820120B94.pngI installed a 144w (12v) solar panel On my camper van With a smart solar 75/15 but it’s not charging the battery ( see picture) I have two battery exide gel (85ah)

What can be? When I finished the installation it was working, F64820CC-9E58-4616-A36E-792E4350BCF4.jpegbut since then I always have 0w .

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Your first photo shows a battery voltage of 13.7v and the charger in float state.

Battery full = No charging required.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

alina avatar image alina commented ·

Thanks for your reply.

I am worried that is not working because the systems is installed on a van and the fridge is on, the voltage of the battery measured by the victron app is different from the one recorded by the van system and looking at the last days the batteries have never been recharged ( it’s true that I move the van for a few km per day and when the engine of the van is working battery get recharged).

do you think that been installed in a van I need to add something that disconnect the smart solar when the engine is on?

0 Likes 0 ·
alina avatar image
alina answered ·

I solved the problem.

There was a false contact in the fuse between the smart solar and the battery that prevented to correctly measure the tension .Now it works. Thanks for your help

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic