question

user0815 avatar image
user0815 asked

Cerbo GX Firmware 2.57 issue?

Hello.

Since firmware 2.57, not all MPPT charge controllers connected via USB can be found. I have connected 4 MPPT charge controllers. 2 x USB, directly on the Cerbo GX. 2 x via USB hub. Firmware 2.57 detects 1-2 charge controllers. When downgrading to 2.54, all charge controllers are found. 2 additional charge controllers are connected via VE.Direct and are always found.

Thanks

Paul

firmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·
5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image Warwick Bruce Chapman commented ·

@mvader (Victron Energy) I have read it a couple of times to be sure but as I read it at the start of the post you indicate that the data issue does affect VE.Direct to USB. Then toward the end you indicate that it does NOT affect VE.Direct to USB.

Perhaps I have misunderstood but if not, it may need clarification.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ Warwick Bruce Chapman commented ·

Hi @warwick & @user0815, its ok to use that port for VE.Direct for a little while longer (by downgrading). Especially if it has already worked.

but deep down it doesnt function properly, which is why we disabled it per v2.57. Better to do that now than continuing with some for most now functioning yet half broken port which, for whatever random change in firmware the future, may prove to fail completely.

However frustrating...

0 Likes 0 ·
user0815 avatar image user0815 mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Thank you! I switched the USB hub to another USB port. Now no problems with FW 2.57.

0 Likes 0 ·
Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image Warwick Bruce Chapman mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Fortunately for us, the Cerbo has been maddening difficult to get our hands on, so the first one we manage to deploy on a client site was running 2.57.

But @mvader (Victron Energy)my point is that the post is unclear / contradictory. I sympathise with team - I’m sure this change will have upset many with remote installs that rely on it.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ Warwick Bruce Chapman commented ·

Thank you - I’ll amend the post. Wrt number of remote installs, it seems to be ok. Good thing we have that backup firmware!

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic