question

pittgv avatar image
pittgv asked

Lithium smart battery upgrade to v1.19 - unable to click button

Hi from France.

When connecting to the battery, Victron Connect displays a long message (3 parts) saying an upgrade from v1.17 to v1.19 is needed. There is no action button to cancel or upgrade displayed on the smartphone. The message seems to continue at the bottom of the screen but there is no possibility to scroll down.

So I wait during 30 minutes (close to the battery) but nothing happens, no message, no end.

What am I suppose to do ? Waiting a bit more !

Please advise.

firmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @pittgv

are you 100% sure you couldn't scroll down by dragging the screen?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pittgv avatar image pittgv commented ·

Yes 100% sure : I checked twice, no way to scroll down.

The phone is a Samsung Galaxy J7 (SM-J730F)

I'll try to switch to English and see what happens.

Otherwise, no problem, I'll wait for the fix.

Thank you for the replies

EDIT : just checked with English = same problem. However the message display is a bit longer but no action button nor way to scroll down.

0 Likes 0 ·
jperez (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
jperez (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Could you please let us know your phone model?

We've found the problem and have fixed it, the fix will included in a official release in a week or two.

A possible workaround, in case you have French language selected, is change the language from French to English, usually English translation is shorter than the French one. Once update you can switch back the language to French. You can change the language in VictronConnect settings: Devices list page -> Menu button at the top-left corner -> Settings.

If above doesn't work, use a different phone to perform the update.

2 |3000

pittgv avatar image
pittgv answered ·

Hi

Situation stil the same with my Samsung J7 smartphone (be it in French or English) : have you released the new version with the fix of the problem ?

Regards.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic