question

mfriedel avatar image
mfriedel asked

Accepted frequency ranges of MultiPlus/Quattro and effect on charger, pass through and AC2 output.

What is the frequency range if the "Accept wide frequency range" is not checked ?

Does this apply only to the passthrough mode, or the charger as well ?

What happens to the AC2 Output ? Is that in parallel with the passthrough mode ? I.e only active is AC in and out are synchronized ?

I found this is the manual . Doesn't specifically related to the "Accept wide frequency range" though.

Input frequency range

Input frequency range accepted by the Quattro. The Quattro synchronises within this range with the voltage present on L1-1 of AC-in-1 (priority input) or L1-2 of AC-in-2. Once synchronised, the output frequency will be equal to the input frequency. Adjustability: 45 – 65 Hz; 45 – 55 Hz; 55 – 65 Hz

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

shaneyake avatar image shaneyake commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ shaneyake commented ·

Hi @shaneyake

the answer is literally in the ve.configure options:

screenshot-2021-07-24-224926.png

I don't know what OP means with 'passtrough mode' but AC out2 standard fuctionality is to be switched 'on' when an AC input is being used for 120 seconds, and to be disconnected when input is disconnected.

0 Likes 0 ·
shaneyake avatar image shaneyake Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
Thanks for the fast reply. The question I was asking about was what is the frequency range if you untick the "Accept Wide input", is it like 49-51hz or 50hz exactly.

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

there are two basic settings 50 hz and 60 hz then the wide frequency setting

so

1. in inverter mode the unit outputs 50 or 60 hz depending on selection

2. in passthrough with wide Freq NOT selected - it will switch off the grid/generator and go to inverter if the frequency moves more than 5 hz (I think this is the setting) lower or higher than the primary Hz setting.

3. in passthrough with wide Freq selected - it will switch off the grid and go to inverter if the frequency moves more outside the wide range selection being lower or higher than the Hz primary setting.

4. at all times if it switchs to Inverter it will immediately change to the primary hz selection

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.