question

chevette1983 avatar image
chevette1983 asked

Mppt not charging

Hi new to the forum here. Been on solar for a few years now and recently installed a whole new system sold as a off grid package. I have the 100/30 mppt charger and two 300w solar panels. It’s all connected up done exactly how it should be but the solar is showing 0.01v and according to my app not on. When I have checked the pv cables with my multimeter it’s got a good reading but as soon as you put them into the mppt charger and test the screws there’s nothing. The batteries test well from the mppt charger. Any ideas as to what’s going on? Is it possibly my mppt charger is faulty? I understand it needs to be above 5v to charge but not sure why it’s not registering the 75v that the solar cable ends read. All my connections are good and test fine. It’s when you put it into the charger it reads nothing. Thanks.

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
chevette1983 avatar image
chevette1983 answered ·

Sorted I think. Seems to be working now. Very weird situation. For some reason the positive connector at the solar panel only fits the negative on the cable and vice versa so they’ve put it on reverse polarity! So now I have to remember blue is live not brown.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.