question

cadoxa avatar image
cadoxa asked

Quattro fine tuning help needed

Hi Community,

I'm an IT guy who loves Tech in general. I wanted to create a state of the art solar sistem to power my place but the installer I hired is not up to the job of putting all the bits and pieces together, this is his first Victron System.

Problem gets even worst; I contacted 3 Victron dealers here in Portugal and NONE knows Jack shit about advanced configuration of a Victron system like this.

The system is comprised of;

18 - 340W LG Solar panels with 18 Tigo optimizers (three strings 6+6+6)

1 -Victron MPPT Solar Charger 250/100

1- Victron Quattro 48v/8000VA 110VA

1 - 300Ah 48V Lifepo4 battery pack with Smart 123 BMS

Other bits and pieces: Color display, Grid meter, Victron interface cable MK3 and BMV 712 Battery monitor

The system will be fully connected and ready to go online next Tuesday at around 15h.

What I need is the help of a Victron dealer/ Experienced Installer, to remotely access my computer and do the fine tuning of the whole system once all the system is brought live. I'm willing to pay for this service. I leave my contact for those interested; carlos.ventura@planit.pt +351 966969161. The call can be done in English or Portuguese cos I dont speak fluently any other language.

Thanks for the help

Carlos

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
cadoxa avatar image
cadoxa answered ·

Common guys.. a little help :)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ewalderasmus avatar image
ewalderasmus answered ·

Hi @Cadoxa

I am not the expert you are looking for, but as an Engineer, I definitely believe you can do it yourself. Especially because you seem competent enough.

Do you have any idea what fine-tuning you want to do?

Regards Ewald

2 |3000

cadoxa avatar image
cadoxa answered ·

Hi Ewald,

I was able to put it up and running already, there is no biggie in that. I just want to make sure I can squeeze every bit of performance out of my investment, that was considerable. For instance, I don't what to see the Quattro Sucking 30A from the grid during the day to charge the batteries, or I don't want to see the Quattro charging the batteries at 90A when I configured it to charge to a limit of 60A, more, I don't get the values displayed on the color display under the battery icon (they look odd), I want to make sure, that during winter the Quattro will increase the SOC in 5% every day so that the batteries remain charged even on cloudy days .... This kind of stuff, most of it are best practices that anyone experienced Installer will know how to implement and I dont :)

Thanks

Carlos

3 comments
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Cadoxa

Has your quattro been programmed at all for your setup before it goes live?

Once you are online and your site registered on the vrm this opens up a whole new line of support.

0 Likes 0 ·
cadoxa avatar image cadoxa Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Hi Alexandra, yes it is configured. All I need to do is fine tuning to the whole system

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ cadoxa commented ·

What are you hoping to accomplish?

ESS is pretty much what you will be looking for and the fine tuning can be done through the GX device.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ess:design-installation-manual

0 Likes 0 ·