question

Michael Schmidt avatar image
Michael Schmidt asked

Wifi Accespoint Mode on raspberry

Hello is it possible to access the raspberry venus os by access point mode?

the raspberry is not found by wlan by default?

maybe someone has an idea?

Raspberry Pi
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
gazza avatar image
gazza answered ·

@Michael Schmidt
Did you ever solve your access point monitoring of the Venus OS on the Raspberry pi set-up?
Unfortunately my understanding is that creating an "Access point" is not directly available from the Venus OS. There are those that have tinkered and tampered with the source code to workaround, but I haven't found any easy way of sorting it without fairly in-depth coding knowledge?
The easiest way is just to get a cheap router and plug into the Pi LAN socket to create a local network (i.e. no internet access) so you can then connect on WiFi to monitor through Venus.local.
I did come up with a cheap ESP8266(https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234168927027?hash=item36858e4333:g:yLQAAOSwFHlhKNj1) workaround to create a local network without LAN connection or additional router. Let me know if you are interested. Regards

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.