question

jaqibar avatar image
jaqibar asked

Multiplus Firmware Update 26241xx

Can I update Multiplus Firmware 2624159 to 26244xx?

ESSfirmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Jaqibar

Yes you can. You'll need a MK3-usb adaptor (& a lappy?), and you'll have to use VEFlash.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/updating_firmware:updating_ve.bus_products

There's all sorts of warnings, but the procedure is actually quite simple and troublefree if you follow the instructions.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jaqibar avatar image jaqibar commented ·

Hi JohnC. Thank you for the Answer. I haven't had the need to jump to such a higher firmware from an older version for a few years now, and just needed to get my facts right. It was simple and easy, yet I was nervous.

0 Likes 0 ·
marcus-kibbel avatar image
marcus-kibbel answered ·

Hola from Spain. I have a customer with an old Multiplus 48/5000/70-100 230V with new microprocessor (26) and stock firmware 26 24 155 what sais on the sticker on the microprocessor. I can not find the right device in the list of firmware online in victron profesional and also not in the VEbus firmware text file for this inverter.
I need to update the firmware to the multiplus to get rid of the error message 48 given by the cerbogx device installed now together with lithium pylontech batteries and a new mppt smart solar charger from victron. The system is working fine, but the error 48 is there and it's not posible to conect via vrm. Please help, what firmware file to use and update to the multiplus. Thank you, Gracias, Danke! Regards, Marcus.

5 comments
2 |3000

ponzoa avatar image ponzoa commented ·
Hola Marcus, tendrás que usar el MK3 y el software desde un portatil VEFlash. Podrás bajar el firmware de la página web de victron professional que tiene que empezar con 2624xxx. El xxx es la versión del firmware y el 2624 el procesador y maquina que tienes. Si estás en o cerca de Madrid, me puedes llamar o escribir y te ayudo. localizame a través de mi web de myvatio.es
0 Likes 0 ·
marcus-kibbel avatar image marcus-kibbel ponzoa commented ·
Hola Ponzoa, muchas gracias por tu aclaracion. Entonces entiendo que sera la version 26 24 502 que encuentro en el listado de victron pro firmware. Estoy por Alicante y tengo un informatico que lo actualizara. Solo nos falta la version correcta y no meter la pata! Muchas gracias por tu aclaracion. Un cordial saludo pa Madrid!

Marcus.

1 Like 1 ·
ponzoa avatar image ponzoa marcus-kibbel commented ·
Si problema. Si tienes un GX y está conectado a internet, dame acceso y te reviso las configuraciones si quieres aunque seguro que ya lo tienes al día.
0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ commented ·
@Marcus Kibbel

The latest firmware on Victron Professional is 2624502. It's actually a '400 Series' fw, so look for it there. (A lot of added features since 155).

VE.Flash (Win PC) is available from the Downloads section of the Victron website (VEConfigururation Tools).

VE Flash is only necessary because the existing fw is so old. There are more modern ways for updating later VE.Bus fw.

0 Likes 0 ·
marcus-kibbel avatar image marcus-kibbel JohnC ♦ commented ·
Cheers. Gracias JohnC.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

What is ESS training video

ESS Quick Installation Guide

ESS design and installation manual