question

mick69 avatar image
mick69 asked

bmv712 smart

Hi there i have a victron 711 smart have a 100/50 solar regulator 4x 175 victron panels victron 30 amp 240 volt charger.the solar regulator can say on the app that its putting out 30amps but the 712 smart monitor is only saying that abot 8 amps are going in i have 2x150 amp lithium batteries have the positve from one battery and negative from the other battery go to dc link distribution board my battery clamp meter is reading 40amps are going in the batteries but the monitor is not displaying this help

BMV Battery Monitor
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

How and where is your shunt wired? It seems like charge power is bypassing the shunt and therefore not being counted.

0 Likes 0 ·
mick69 avatar image mick69 wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

One side of the shunt is connect to the negative and the load side is connected to the dc link .Busbar where all the negative are conected same as the positive come from the battery and connect to the positive busbar have reset the bmv712 with all loades disconnected and no solar input and still not reading the amps coming in .

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers