question

mimbeck avatar image
mimbeck asked

SmartSolar MPPT 75/10 - load output disconnected several times for a second

My new installed SmartSolar MPPT 75/10 disconnected the load output several times during my first trip for a second (or even shorter). As this forces the chart plotter to reboot this is not ideal.

Setup: connected to 60W solar panel and a 85ah battery. Setup was standard, no modifications so far. Battery was 85% full and the load was never > 15A (max should be around 5A). The battery is new (Vetus VESMF85). And a sensor for the temperature is connected (below 20 grad celsius).

I guess I have to edit some settings?

Thanks!

Martin

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
dazey77 avatar image
dazey77 answered ·

What are the loads?

Somethihg like a fridge compressor can cause the output to cut out as the startup current is over the trip. Your max loads may be 5A continuous but perhaps you have something with a higher start current?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mimbeck avatar image
mimbeck answered ·

A fridge is one load, the rest are sone displays and a plotter. And idea how to find out if the fridge has a peak during startup?

2 comments
2 |3000

dazey77 avatar image dazey77 commented ·

That will be it then! Compressors are notorious for having a big startup current. Simple option is to move the fridge off the load output and to an unswitched feed. You will of course loose output monitoring and control.

You can use a relay off the load output to maintain the control (but still loosing the consumption monitoring).

I had to move my 60L compressor fridge off a 75/15.

0 Likes 0 ·
mimbeck avatar image mimbeck dazey77 commented ·

Okay. Thanks for the answers!

I will then move the loads from the victron.

0 Likes 0 ·