question

joelox avatar image
joelox asked

4 panels, 2x2 in series, then parallel them, Best configuration?

Have a 100/30 controller, 4 -200w panels, 2-100 amp Lipo battery’s in parallel. What’s the best configuration of the 4 panels? 2 sets of 2 panels in series, then parallel them?

Solar Panel
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image Warwick Bruce Chapman commented ·

Please send a photo of the label on the rear of the panel.

Please let us know how cold it gets in middle of winter when the sun is shining where the panels will be.

0 Likes 0 ·
joelox avatar image joelox Warwick Bruce Chapman commented ·

At times it has gotten down to 0 deg F, but the last few winters it’s only been in the teens.

I’m in the Cincinnati, Oh area.

Looks like my solar panel angle is 74 deg for Summer and 28 deg for Winter.

I need to pick the optimal angle as they will be up a pole not easily assessable.

Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

VOC and temp may force you in one direction, but if 4s & 2s1p are both available options, then shading impacts should also be taken into consideration.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image
Warwick Bruce Chapman answered ·

If it is a 12V system, the 100/30 is too small. If it is a 24V system, then 2s2p should work. Use the calculator at: https://www.victronenergy.com/mppt-calculator

1594661855206.png (170.4 KiB)
2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic