question

grunter375 avatar image
grunter375 asked

Microwave trips generator

I have 2xmultiplus inverters in parrelell 12v with 920AH AGM battery bank and a 73f supercapacitor. I have a 2200w continuous 2400w peak pure sinewave generator yet when we start the microwave it trips the gennie to overload mode even setting the microwave to 1/2 power same thing happens. I have a mk2 interface and am very familiar with the software and operating it but not knowing what to do to adjust perematers to stop this from happening. Needing some help please.

Generator
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

What model of the Multi do you have?

0 Likes 0 ·
grunter375 avatar image grunter375 Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Multiplus 12v 3000 120a

0 Likes 0 ·
Russell avatar image Russell commented ·

This might have something to do with the PowerAssist setting on VEconfig

0 Likes 0 ·
5 Answers
grunter375 avatar image
grunter375 answered ·

Sorry forgot to mention have the multi set to 8amp shore power and this happens even when battery is at 100%charge.

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Where did you set the 8A current limit?

In a parallel system each multi will take the 8A -> 16A with two Multis. So you will have to set it to 4A to not overload the generator.

0 Likes 0 ·

Via the Web interface, ah OK I set the charge rate using that format so as not to trip the generator upon startup if batteries are low. I'll drop it down to 4A and run a test

0 Likes 0 ·
grunter375 avatar image grunter375 grunter375 commented ·

Via the Web interface it will only allow me to go as low as 6.2 even though I confirm it at 4A

0 Likes 0 ·

When I set it to 4a via the software and send it to both units I then get 8a displayed on the Web interface via the venus so guessing I can change it via the Web interface and it will send the settings by half to each multi.

0 Likes 0 ·
grunter375 avatar image grunter375 grunter375 commented ·

So I also turned on the assist but still have it tripping the generator its set to a multiplier of 2.0 should I raise this, it nearly made it through the start up of the microwave but not quite

0 Likes 0 ·
bruces avatar image
bruces answered ·

My guess is something to do with the earth/neutral connector?

I reckon I saw in settings you can turn it on or off? I did say it was a guess?

2 |3000

grunter375 avatar image
grunter375 answered ·

I thought I saw in settings a priority to take 240v feed always from 12v supply, think it was somthing like battery priority rather than mains priority.

2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

I would like to know more about the generator...

And the multiplus's....

And the batteries......

John knows about this stuff.......

1 comment
2 |3000

grunter375 avatar image grunter375 commented ·

What in particular would you like to know

0 Likes 0 ·
Russell avatar image
Russell answered ·

Only the newer ( flyback ) inverter microwave ovens can be set to half power. Older models just switch on and off at full power in a 50% duty cycle. Has the Multiplus PowerAssist been setup?

2 comments
2 |3000

Yes it has thinking to adjust the multiplyer to 2.5

0 Likes 0 ·

Yes I'm about to adjust the multiplyer to 2.5 and see how it goes.

0 Likes 0 ·