question

lopezjm2001 avatar image
lopezjm2001 asked

Multiplus II - Which Australia grid code?

Which grid code for the above installation wiring diagram? Neutral path externally connected or not externally connected?

I am leaning towards neutral path not externally connected. So that the ground relay will connect AC output neutral and earth when there is a loss of grid. The manual says the back-feed relays open disconnecting AC input so I assume the input AC MENS connection is lost.

Multiplus-II
mens.png (51.1 KiB)
gr.png (70.8 KiB)
grp.png (18.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Disclaimer first - When connecting to the grid, a safe and legal installation of Victron power electronics requires the full working knowledge of a licensed electrician to interpret, and apply local wiring rules.

Based purely on the diagram, which does not show any link between the AC input neutral and AC output neutral (except as made inside the MultiPlus itself when the grid is connected), the correct grid code is 'AC Neutral Path not externally joined'.

Disconnecting the grid will also disconnect the Neutral to Earth link, so with this grid setting, it will activate the internal Neutral to Earth relay.

All life saving circuit protection must be tested in both grid connected, and disconnected states, to confirm that it is working as intended.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lopezjm2001 avatar image lopezjm2001 commented ·

Thanks for the clarification.

John Lopez

Electrical contractors licence: 56010

CEC Accredited Installer A6789563

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ lopezjm2001 commented ·

More qualified than I am :)

0 Likes 0 ·
lopezjm2001 avatar image lopezjm2001 Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

I replaced my 5 year old PIP4048MS from MppSolar in Taiwan with a Multiplus II 48 5000 70-50. I was amazed how the connections were so compatible. Did you guys use the PIP4048MS as a standard?

0 Likes 0 ·
old-and-new.jpg (2.4 MiB)