question

banana avatar image
banana asked

Most efficient 48V DC to 120V AC inverter

I'm looking for the most efficient way to convert 48V DC to 120V AC, with the least standby power usage. I do not need to charge from AC power, and while I may have some 240V AC needs they could probably be met with a smaller Phoenix 1000W.

Strictly speaking, the Quattro is the only option at 48V to 120V, but I don't need the charger or the dual inputs/outputs, and the Quattro is older tech with lower efficiency and higher standby power.

The Inverter RS 48/6000 230V Smart Solar looks interesting, as does the MultiPlus-II. Would either of these, coupled with an autotransformer or regular Isolation Transformer capable of 230V to 115V result in an overall improvement over a straight Quattro solution?

MPPT Controllers
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bossrox avatar image bossrox commented ·

What efficiency rating are you looking for? I believe the Schnieders are the most efficient these days. I'm using a couple Solinbas with pretty good results so far tho they aren't well used just yet & they are about 90% efficient in the normal mode but they also have a standby mode altho I can't quote the stats for that & they are pretty reasonable on ebay.

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers