question

njordan avatar image
njordan asked

ESS confused AC Input vs. AC Load

I have a new ESS system that only uses AC IN, so the PV system is on the AC IN Side, no loads behind the Multiplus II.

Now i have an example of a coffee machine with arround 1,2kW.

Where do i see the GRID (in my case EM24)...it looks like AC Input as we see the 1259W and the -1145W for compensation.

BUT what does AC Load say???? on L1 i see the sum of the AC Inputs????? and on L1????

Concused....whatever AC Loads means

Thanks if somebody has any clue.

Multiplus-II
1593982850380.png (146.9 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

7 Answers
njordan avatar image
njordan answered ·

I guess its related...but what does AC-in mean (i guess its the Power going to or from the inverter)...but what is AC-Out....and why L1....

1593983199320.png (21.3 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

markussi avatar image
markussi answered ·

Please check whether your Energy Meter is connected correctly. I think the Input and Output are reversed. In my installation, the Power supply is positive and the feed-in is negative.

2 |3000

njordan avatar image
njordan answered ·

Thanks....im my case the feed-in is also negative....if i'm not wrong in terms of reading the scheme, coming from the grid the EM24 L1 goes to 1 and moves to the house installation at Pin3.....isn't that correctly?

But what is this AC-IN L1 and AC-OUT L1 ...which seems to come from the Multiplus

1593984833518.png (18.0 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @njordan

is your grid input single phase? if so you've got the grid meter not connected correctly (as it is reading power on L2, and is compensating for that on L1, this makes the values incorrect.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/energy-meters:em24

0 Likes 0 ·
1593992522516.png (20.2 KiB)
njordan avatar image
njordan answered ·

No its a 3 phase system with N. So the EM24 is the grid entry point to see the flow for the ESS. See a picture to have more clarity. Left you see the main fuse type NEO and from there the first item is the 1 4 7 from the grid meter. Only what looks strange is the L1 L3 L2 which means that two phases have been mixed up by the energy provider at the grid side.

Maybe i'm wrong - at least the strange values may assume so, but from the official EM24 company website you can see what is anyhow printed on the hardware itself as well.

1594013582431.png (5.6 KiB)
1594014024088.png (1.6 MiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

ted avatar image ted commented ·

See EM24 Picture. The L1-L3-L2 shows a "wrong" order. You can fix it. Switch the L3/L2 first at the Input then at the Output port of the EM24 only

0 Likes 0 ·
arneze avatar image
arneze answered ·

Ce qui est étonnant c'est que la puissance sur L1 sur AC Load correspond au double de la puissance délivrée par la batterie comme si l'EM24 comptait 2 fois cette puissance. Il faudrait voir un schéma de votre installation

2 |3000

njordan avatar image
njordan answered ·

Again, for me its unclear what AC Loads should mean at all. As i have a system where the AC-IN of the inverter is on the same level as the PV installations.....All loads are on the same level as well. So AC-OUT1 and AC-OUT2 is not connected at all. From the schemes by Victron this is a possible setup.

2 comments
2 |3000

arneze avatar image arneze commented ·

Bien sur que cela fonctionne mais votre EM 24 est raccordé en compteur réseau, comment est compté votre production PV, on ne la voit pas sur votre image CCGX

0 Likes 0 ·
njordan avatar image njordan arneze commented ·

PV is not counted seperately. EM24 simply looks for any negative power and puts it into the battery via Multiplus II, and during night it will compensate any taken energy from the grid. PV itself does not matter here. Definitely its one of the schemes that Victron supports, also discussed with my distrubutor.

Only i do not understand what the AC-OUT does mean......as i have no loads on AC-out1 and AC-out2....they are both empty.

0 Likes 0 ·
ted avatar image
ted answered ·

Ok, I solved this problem. It's the wrong order (L1-L2-L3) of the 3-Phase config Multiplus System settings. That is the main reason for the different AC-Input and AC-Load

2 |3000