question

ptl-10 avatar image
ptl-10 asked

ac out 2 connection

I have a multiplus 12/3000/120 and was thinking of connecting the AC out 2 to 1 breaker in the breaker panel. Is this possible or do I need to move that to a sub panel? How would I connect the AC wires?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

You need separate sub panels on each AC output.

You can't connect the two outputs to breakers in the same panel because that would essentially tie them together.

You also can't connect either of the inverter AC outputs to breakers in the same panel receiving shore/grid power (what would feed the input to the inverter) for the same reasons.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ptl-10 avatar image
ptl-10 answered ·

Actually it would really not be a subpanel would it? My plan is to go from the AC out 2 on the multiplus to the new panel which would have the 1 breaker for the circuit I want to attach to the AC out 2 of the multiplus. ! more question is where would I get the ground wire for the panel I add, should I run 1 from the other panel?

2 |3000