question

lazza avatar image
lazza asked

CCGX firmware backup question

HI

I've just a quick question:

I'm currently running a patched version of the 2.52 firmware on the CCGX, that I mustn't lose. If a new firmware is installed for whatever reason, will the CCGX save the existing patched version as a backup automatically? .. And, is there anyway of downloading and storing this patched version?

Thanks

Lazza

firmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ยท

Hi @Lazza

There is no way to download a firmware version from the GX device (that I know of).

The previous version is stored on firmware update, but if there are two quick updates in a row, you will lose it.

I would suggest disabling Auto-update, and update checking.

I presume there are some specific settings or additional modifications you have made - those may be possible to keep, but for that please open a new question in the modifications space.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lazza avatar image lazza commented ยท

Thanks Guy. Actually it was level 3 support who patched the software for another issue I'd had. I just want to make sure that this version is not lost... i need to give the vrm id and access now to level 2 support and want to make sure that whatever is done, I've got a backup to hand.

0 Likes 0 ยท

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic