question

ross-skyenergy avatar image
ross-skyenergy asked

[SOLVED] BYD BBox Pro reading 0% SOC on CCGX but 100% on battery

Hi guys

I have a site that has a Multiplus II and CCGX. AC Coupled with an SMA Sunnyboy 5.0 inverter and BYD BBox Pro 13.8Kwh battery.

Everything was working really well up until about a month ago, the CCGX is reading the battery SOC to be 0% but the mulitplus is showing 55v (or 100% SOC) and the BYD battery is also showing 4 full LEDs so full as well.

I have tried resetting the entire system and it does the same thing.

Has anyone had this issue?

Multiplus-IIBYD
screen1.png (24.8 KiB)
screen2.png (19.6 KiB)
screen3.png (25.0 KiB)
614479646-2.jpg (102.5 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
ross-skyenergy avatar image
ross-skyenergy answered ·

[SOLVED]

To everyone following.

Turns out the BMS was faulty, I went out to site and the BMS was making a very strange sound, like the relays were constantly clicking on and off, put the new one in and the battery level actually dropped from 100% to 48% and has been working well since.

First time this happened!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

solarhack avatar image
solarhack answered ·

From the picture above it looks like your BMS run light is off. That would say your BMS has either failed or has no power. The BMS has a power cable at the back.

2 comments
2 |3000

ross-skyenergy avatar image ross-skyenergy commented ·

Hi @SolarHack

The light is off in this picture, but it does flash if you pull the BMS cable out indicating "no bms" and the GX also says it's been disconnected. It's weird because the GX is detecting the battery, it's just getting the wrong readings..

0 Likes 0 ·
solarhack avatar image solarhack ross-skyenergy commented ·

My light is on permanently, it only flashes when I remove the cable or reboot the batteries.

To me its one of the following

• Faulty BMS/BMU unit
  • Faulty Can bus cable
  • Faulty battery cable

To be safe I would also check the system setup as mentioned above. I don't think that would change the light state, but you never know.

Here is my CCGX

0 Likes 0 ·
1593254937060.png (25.5 KiB)
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Ross_SkyEnergy

First thing to check is where your GX is set to read it's displayed SOC from. Some explanation here: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:start#battery_state_of_charge_soc

1 comment
2 |3000

ross-skyenergy avatar image ross-skyenergy commented ·

Hi @JohnC

GX is set to Auto and it has selected the BYD

0 Likes 0 ·
1593225800824.png (27.1 KiB)