question

elf avatar image
elf asked

Solar Panel Manufacturer

Hi. Quering the manufacvturing details of

Victron BlueSolar Polycrystalline Panels

I don't want to buy from China, can you please tell me where these are made?

Thanks

MPPT Controllers
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ·

Hi @elf Victron is a truly global company with manufacturing taking place in many countries Slovenia, India, China, Malaysia, Hungary, Germany, Taiwan, the Netherlands etc. A true shame if you want to miss out on superb Victron products based on such preferences, but I respect it ... and good luck finding any product these days that does not contain a combination of components sourced from various countries. I did include some information I hope will assist you in your quest.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
nico avatar image
nico answered ·

I use LG panels, they are the best in the world right now, and they are manufactured in S. KOREA.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ·

On what grounds do you say that? Some bedtime reading may be in order. Jinko is certainly a top performer and I think all these companies have truly stepped up their game a lot.

https://www.pvel.com/wp-content/uploads/2020-PVEL-PV-Module-Reliability-Scorecard-4.pdf

0 Likes 0 ·
dazey77 avatar image dazey77 ejrossouw commented ·

Depends on what metric you use to measure 'best' of course but my understanding of the top panels right now (in terms of performance) is between LG and Sunpower

0 Likes 0 ·
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

Not necessary all the manufacturers are tested or listed, but a very good resource in my opinion to understand what makes a good panel.

... and some info on German panels

https://www.pvel.com/wp-content/uploads/2020-PVEL-PV-Module-Reliability-Scorecard-4.pdf

1593018680337.png (133.3 KiB)
2 |3000