question

adamjones avatar image
adamjones asked

Multiplus Compact 24/2000/50 possible burned fuse

Hi! I own a MultiPlus Compact 24/2000/50. Lately I had a problem with charging the batteries from the generator (it kept disconnecting) , which is strange because it has been working for 2 years. So, I was trying to find online solutions, and I have seen that you can make the setup trough a PC and an ET-cable. My mistake, I do not own a driver and I have connected for like 10 sec the multiplus to my laptop and I think I might have burned a fuse. A bit of smoke went out and now it only connects for 5 seconds and then it disconnects. What should I do? I know that in some cases of burn out the fuse might recover in some hours, otherwise should I try to change it? Any help is welcome, as soon as possible, thank you!

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@adamjones

When you say you plugged your PC into the multi using the Ethernet cable, did you have a device in-between or was it directly linked?

0 Likes 0 ·
adamjones avatar image adamjones Alexandra ♦ commented ·

it was directly linked with no device in-between, that's the problem, i guess

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ adamjones commented ·
Yup that will do it. There is a device used when connecting for programming. Your next step will be to take it in for repairs.
0 Likes 0 ·
adamjones avatar image adamjones Alexandra ♦ commented ·

so there isn't anything that I could do myself, right?

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ adamjones commented ·

As far as I am aware no, sorry

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers