question

ralfl avatar image
ralfl asked

VE.Direct to MQTT gateway using ESP32

This is actually an annoucement.

I could not find a VE.Direct to MQTT gateway that is using WiFi, so I created one.

It only uses VE.Direct ASCII mode, listens to the device and sends received blocks to MQTT

My two MPPT75/15 devices are great and I wanted to integrate them in my IOBroker setup using a MQTT gateway, only for monitoring purpose.

You can find the code on GitHub. Look for:

VE.Direct2MQTT

@Victron: If you think this is inappropriate or hurts your copyright in any way, please let me know.

Regards

Ralf

VE.Direct
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gareth-williams avatar image gareth-williams commented ·

hello great work, im going to give this a try over the christmas period, would this work with the bmv 712 battery monitor? it has the ve direct port on the back of the screen.

my intention is to use the mqtt data to send to homeassistant for seeing the true battery voltage/discharge amps etc....

are there specific topics to subscribe to or does it just dump it in a json format and have to excract what parts i need from it.

thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
allorente avatar image
allorente answered ·

This is great!!! I will build it as soon as possible. I’ve just downloaded the “white books”, but I guess I don’t need them now.

Thank you so much for sharing your project.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dominic-miglar avatar image
dominic-miglar answered ·

Also built a service in Kotlin to read the data of any VE.Direct device (that's documented in the official VE.Direct Text protocol PDF) and push it to my monitoring system.

Everything OSS, currently lacking setup instructions and proper READMEs, but will eventually be available.

A first release-version of the client will be available most probably in a few days, but feel free to check out the code at https://github.com/logreposit/ve-direct-reader-service. Feedback very appreciated!

Cheers,
Dom

2 |3000

Related Resources