question

Justin avatar image

Multi Plus Compact - in Passthru mode ?

hi there,

we have a MultiPlus Compact 12/1200/50-16 that seems to be stuck in passthru mode once it completes the bulk charge and never gets to Float and storage this site is slightly different where is has a Energy Meter ET112 to keep track of the AC input power used as we need to power for the grid power used

thoughts on how this can be fixed ?

thanks

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

If you disable the Grid Meter does it leave passthru mode after 10 minutes or a restart?

The causes of Passthru are usually addressed by one of the issues in Question 4 of the ESS FAQ.

9 comments Share
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hi Guy,

thanks for your reply can to tell me how to disable the Grid meter ? can this be done from the CGX ?

Hi @Justin

you can do this in the ESS-menu (yes in GX device, either on screen or with remote-console)

Justin avatar image Justin Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ ·

thank you i'll log in via the remote console from the VRM and have a look

does this look right ?

1592565694684.png (10.5 KiB)

@Justin it seems that you do not have ESS assistant programmed on your inverter.

Try on the CCGX in the Settings → Energy Meters menu

I don't think you can software disconnect it from there though

do i need to enable ESS on the multiplus ? - what effects will it have ?

1592604365368.png (10.1 KiB)
1592604389865.png (16.2 KiB)

do i need a firmware update ? all we use the energy meter for is calculate the total power used as we are on another companies power feed and we have to pay them for power

1592604739299.png (38.0 KiB)
Show more comments