question

Justin avatar image
Justin asked

Multi Plus Compact - in Passthru mode ?

hi there,

we have a MultiPlus Compact 12/1200/50-16 that seems to be stuck in passthru mode once it completes the bulk charge and never gets to Float and storage this site is slightly different where is has a Energy Meter ET112 to keep track of the AC input power used as we need to power for the grid power used

thoughts on how this can be fixed ?

thanks

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

If you disable the Grid Meter does it leave passthru mode after 10 minutes or a restart?

The causes of Passthru are usually addressed by one of the issues in Question 4 of the ESS FAQ.

9 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Justin avatar image Justin commented ·

hi Guy,

thanks for your reply can to tell me how to disable the Grid meter ? can this be done from the CGX ?
0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ Justin commented ·

Hi @Justin

you can do this in the ESS-menu (yes in GX device, either on screen or with remote-console)

0 Likes 0 ·
Justin avatar image Justin Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

thank you i'll log in via the remote console from the VRM and have a look

0 Likes 0 ·
Justin avatar image Justin Justin commented ·

does this look right ?

0 Likes 0 ·
1592565694684.png (10.5 KiB)
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ Justin commented ·

@Justin it seems that you do not have ESS assistant programmed on your inverter.

Try on the CCGX in the Settings → Energy Meters menu

I don't think you can software disconnect it from there though

0 Likes 0 ·
Justin avatar image Justin Alexandra ♦ commented ·

do i need to enable ESS on the multiplus ? - what effects will it have ?

0 Likes 0 ·
1592604365368.png (10.1 KiB)
1592604389865.png (16.2 KiB)

do i need a firmware update ? all we use the energy meter for is calculate the total power used as we are on another companies power feed and we have to pay them for power

0 Likes 0 ·
1592604739299.png (38.0 KiB)
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ Justin commented ·

Is this a new set up? Do you have solar in your system? And what batteries and charge profile do you have?

I can't see how adding a meter could change a charge behaviour.

0 Likes 0 ·

Not a new setup and there is no solar on this setup ..

Same battery profile i have used on all my other sites without an issue (but this is the only one with a Grid Meter)

0 Likes 0 ·
1593569572225.png (68.6 KiB)