question

louise avatar image
louise asked

Multiplus 12\3000\120 output frequency 45hz

Just installed a multiplus 12v 3000w to 120AC inverter charger on a boat. I'm using the mk3-USB interface to adjust settings. The inverter output frequency is set to 60hz, but its showing only 45hz on the output. This happens when running off 12v 500ah house battery bank. Please help!

Multiplus-IIfrequency
screenshot-4.png (185.8 KiB)
screenshot-6.png (96.3 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @LOUISE,

when on shore power, output frequency is always input frequency.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

louise avatar image louise commented ·

Thanks, I just modified my post to say that this happens only when running off the 12V battery bank.

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ louise commented ·

Understand. Although your screenshots showing that shore power is connected. And this could be a possible cause.

0 Likes 0 ·
storm avatar image storm louise commented ·
is your inverter still showing 47 ish frequencies on charger only?
0 Likes 0 ·
cyberhom avatar image
cyberhom answered ·

Hi Louise

Did you resolve this issue, as I am having the same identical problem, on exactly the same Victron Multiplus.

4 comments
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

I guess his/her problem is/was that AC IN is present but ignored with a assistant. In that case the MultiPlus is trying to follow the input voltage/frequency for faster switch over.

0 Likes 0 ·
cyberhom avatar image cyberhom Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Hi Matthias

I have this same issue with my inverter providing 12V at 45Hz Form my batteries.

I have no input at this time, so is not passing through the frequency.

Edit

The unit thought I had input as it was plugged into the ring main. Disconnected, all is good.

Thanks Matthias

0 Likes 0 ·
storm avatar image storm cyberhom commented ·
what is ring main?
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ storm commented ·

AC circuit which is nowadays frowned upon.

Imagine a loop of wire from the breaker going around the house or boat and returning to the breaker. Each appliance connects to the ring, thus has two routes to the breaker.

The idea was that the circuit could carry a higher current than a single wire. So you could, for example, carry 30Amps over 15Amp cable. With a 30Amp breaker of course.

But if there's a break in the ring, although the appliances will work the risk is that you're carrying full current over a single cable, leading to overheating and fires.

0 Likes 0 ·
storm avatar image
storm answered ·

In my case the ac in wiring was seeing the ac out voltage during inverting somehow. Perhaps if someone could explain exactly where and how the ac in should be actually wired to the ac panels ac circuit breaker.

2 |3000

storm avatar image
storm answered ·

In my case the ac in wiring was seeing the ac out voltage during inverting somehow. Perhaps if someone could explain exactly where and how the ac in should be actually wired to the ac panels ac circuit breaker.

2 |3000

Related Resources

MultiPlus-II Product page 

MultiPlus-II Manual

MultiPlus-II 230V Datasheet 

VE.Bus Error codes

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic