question

rvsolar avatar image
rvsolar asked

Communication Cables advice

Hi all,

We have a client looking to install a hybrid solar system with a small battery backup as well as exporting to the grid. The client wants a Victron system and he has his own panels.

72 x 330W solar panels to be wired with 3 x SmartSolar MPPT 250/100-Tr VE.Can chargers

3 x Quattro 48/10000/140-100/100 inverters (1 for each phase)

1 x Color Control GX

Can you please help me with what cabling and communication I would need to order?

I saw some pictures online with VE Direct cables and network cables, but I am not at all experienced with how the Victron systems communication works.

Thank you in advance, and let me know if there is any additional info needed to help.

Regards,

RV

communication protocol
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
dazey77 avatar image
dazey77 answered ยท

You don't have any ve.direct (only)devices, so its easy. You have VE.CAN which is a daisy chain system using pre-made RJ45 network cables. And you have VE.Bus which is a different daisy chain system using pre-made RJ45 devices.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rvsolar avatar image rvsolar commented ยท

Hi Dazey,

Thanks a lot. So if I understand correctly I only need the RJ45 cables pre made on a suitable length for where I will mount all components compared to the Color Control GX?

So I daisy chain the VE.Can controllers and take the last one to color control with RJ45

And daisy chain the quattro's as well and take the last one to the Color Control with RJ45?

Regards,

0 Likes 0 ยท

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic