question

Franz Voelkl avatar image
Franz Voelkl asked

WIFI USB Dongle ASUS-N14

I have one for CCGX a Wi-Fi USB dongle Asus-N14,
until when can you expect the firmware version that supports this dongle?

wifi
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi Franz. I think Matthijs actually posted today that support for that is available in pre-release firmware. He used the words "release candidates". I don't do beta's, but you might??

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:beta-testing

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi; besides whats been written already, ‘early 2019’ is the best answer

0 Likes 0 ·
Franz Voelkl avatar image
Franz Voelkl answered ·

1.6.2 Wi-Fi USB dongle

Using a Wi-Fi dongle it is possible to connect to WEP, WPA and WPA2 secured networks. There are four supported USB Wi-Fi dongles. Two of them are also available from stock at Victron Energy:

• CCGX WiFi module simple (Nano USB), small, low cost. Victron part number BPP900100200

• Gembird WNP-UA-002, slightly higher cost and also better reception. Victron part number: BPP900200200

• Startech USB300WN2X2D

• Zyxel NWD2105

New model coming early 2019: Asus USB-N14, slightly higher cost and also better reception. Victron part number: BPP900200300. Requires a firmware version not released yet.

Although other Wi-Fi dongles may work, they have not been tested and we do not offer support for other dongles.

The Wi-Fi menu shows the available networks. When a network is selected, it is possible to fill in the password (if the password is not already known) to connect to the network. Setting up via WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) is not supported.

When the CCGX finds multiple Wi-Fi networks of which the password is known, the strongest network is selected automatically. When the signal of the connected network becomes too weak, it will automatically switch to a stronger network - if it knows the password of that network.

2 comments
2 |3000

Peter Polz avatar image Peter Polz commented ·

ah.. thx .. total overlook that there is a new one comming..

0 Likes 0 ·
gyrogypsy avatar image gyrogypsy commented ·

My CCGX does not apparently power up the ASUS USB-N14 dongle. Is this a CCGX firmware issue? The USB-N14 works on another PC, and I have replaced the CCGX with no success.

0 Likes 0 ·
gyrogypsy avatar image
gyrogypsy answered ·

The last two seem unavailable. I need a long range to reach my WiFi node, so most likely one with an external antenna. Unless there is yet another supported dongle, or one which is "most likely" to work, where is best US source to get the higher performance Gembird?

2 |3000

djgagy avatar image
djgagy answered ·

I connected TP link WN822 USB wifi and it is reconized by CCGX but it shows all the time after entering password disconected and I am not sure how to set it up to show connected.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic