question

jdw avatar image
jdw asked

End absorb phase based on cumulative AH from shunt

Hi all,

Please forgive me if this question is already answered somewhere, so far I haven't found it.

It is possible in the current firmware to stop charging and go to float based on the cumulative AH that have returned/charged the battery? Is this possible with DVCC? I realize this would not be a perfect solution and would need to have a charge efficiency calculation applied but I'm just wondering if it's possible. This would be perfect for LiFePo4 situations where there is no CANbus communication with the CCGX/Venus GX.

I'm not currently a Victron user however I'm definitely considering for some future projects, especially if this is possible.

Thanks!

smart solar charging behaviour
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Jaco Reinecke avatar image
Jaco Reinecke answered ·

Hi,

Question: Why would you want to do that?

Because from what I know, the AH in and AH out is not a 100% exact science, using a BMV you get it very close to correct.

And batteries will keep on accepting amps, till they are full, which may be more or less than the calculated AH in/out.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic