question

dave-newman avatar image
dave-newman asked

Can Victron Blue Smart (3 outlets) charge lead-acid battery and Lifepo4 battery at the same time?

Hi! I'm converting my motorhome to Lifepo4 board batteries. However, my starter battery is still lead-acid. Can the Victron Blue Smart with 3 outlets charge batteries with different charging characteristics simultaneously? If not, is it OK to charge my starter battery with Lifepo4 CC/CV characteristics?

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
jwfrary avatar image
jwfrary answered ·

Hi,

Manual isn’t very helpful is it. - my gut says it might be ok for a bit but long term your starter battery isn’t going to like it, you will likely end up overcharging it.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dave-newman avatar image
dave-newman answered ·

Thanks! I guess I can isolate my starter battery with solenoids when on 220V and charge it with my old lead acid charger then. Just a lot of extra work...

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic