question

simen avatar image
simen asked

Product request - BMV-7xx Series with SOC relay function disconnected from the discharge floor

I currently have a BMV-712 Smart installed in my boat together a solar installation and it works great.

The SOC relay function indeed works as intended, but it would be nice to have similar functionality independent from the discharge floor.

What I am looking for is a way to use the BMV relay to signal my third party solar charge controller to keep my LifePo4 batteries at a SOC between 60 and 70% while the boat is not used. If I had Pb batteries I could just leave them fully charged, or use the Low voltage relay function. However the voltage curve on the LifePo4 batteries are just to flat for this function to make sense. I have my discharge floor set at 20% now (as recommended by Victron) and would prefer not tot change it in order to have this functionality.

Any thoughts from Victron on this? I don't think I am the only one who would be happy if you included this in a future FW update.

Kind regards,
Simen

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
rheinskipper avatar image
rheinskipper answered ·

I really support your request.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

cstenger avatar image
cstenger answered ·

Pushing this up.

Really, I would like to demand the same. The discharge floor to calculate the remaining time has to be disconnected from the SoC depended relay function. Frankly, as it is, it is farmore a design flaw.

How can we push this? Is there any hope to see a firmware update fixing this by any chance?

2 |3000