question

wingphil avatar image
wingphil asked

Blue solar 75/15 charge limit

I want to use a blue solar 75/15 to power a load at a max current of 10 amps, ie constant voltage. Ideally don’t want it to charge my battery with the unused power as that is dealt with by a different, bigger blue solar Array. The load will not always be as much as the power available, array is only 100 w, ie not enough for 10 amps..... although I could add a second 100w.......
basically it will be connected to an elec distribution board, that powers all the loads and has its own battery charge algorithim. It also has a display showing all battery voltages/solar currents etc, so I wanted to use it to control and display that stuff and charge the battery.
so, if I connect the load only to the 12v distribution board will that do the above, or does the battery connection also need to be used. I assume turning charge off stops all power, as limiting charge current limits charge and load?

Or any other ideas?

current limit
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

Hi @Wingphil The mppt is first and foremost a charger and it requires a battery. That topic has been covered in the forum before. You can however limit the charge current of the mppt, but will require a bluetooth dongle to connect to the bluesolar to adjust the settings or a VE.Direct to USB cable if you use a PC.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wingphil avatar image
wingphil answered ·

Yes I am aware it needs volts to it, and it will have, I just hoped I could use its output primarily as a constant voltage supply.....

1 comment
2 |3000

ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ·

It may be an option to simply lower the MPPT parameters for charging the battery, which means it will stop charging and go into float and continue supplying the loads? Not something I would personally contemplate as I am very much into energy storage rather than losing it.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic