question

jlbski avatar image
jlbski asked

Not Charging / Battery State Off

Smartsolar MPPT 75|15. Purchased new camper. Downloaded Victron Engery App. when I got home. Looking at history, it seems that the panels have only provided charge the first two days after purchase 30 days ago (before app. download). No Reading since then. Battery State is OFF. Load Output is OFF. What am I doing wrong. Any help would be terrific.

Thank you!

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

Hi @jlbski It will be a great help if you provide more information on the panels etc.MPPT settings etc. In the absence of those, check the fuses and also get readings from the panels and most importantly, check the connections and make sure the are 100%

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jlbski avatar image
jlbski answered ·

Thank you @ejrossouw. Fuses all look great and connections are solid. What settings are you / I should be looking for?

1 comment
2 |3000

ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ·

If you click on the cog on the top right, you will see settings e.g. battery type etc. I do suspect you will have to get a multimeter out and do some checks from the panels to the MPPT. I wonder what has changed in that time from working to stopping?

0 Likes 0 ·
jlbski avatar image
jlbski answered ·

Blue Light (Bulk) Flashes on unit. Indicating ‘Not Charging’.

2 |3000

dazey77 avatar image
dazey77 answered ·

Surely this can only be a panel / panel connection issue. Either that or its parked in a garage!

Your maximum PV voltages are zero, so if thats in the sun you have either got a dead panel, broken connection somewhere or some switch or fuse between panels and MPPT have changed/blown

2 |3000

dazey77 avatar image
dazey77 answered ·

(its normal that the battery is off (this is the charger and it will always be off until the panel voltage rises 5v above battery voltage. Load output has probably turned off as the battery is low)

I would start by tracing cables from panel and measure PV voltage as close to panels as you can and work up to the mppt

1 comment
2 |3000

I agree. the fuse in the MPPT may have gone also.

0 Likes 0 ·
jlbski avatar image
jlbski answered ·

Problem resolved. I followed the wires all the way up to the roof, checking connections and fuses as I went. Volt meter kept saying zero. The roof connection (positive) was loose. Simple fix after a lot of work. Thanks everyone.

1 comment
2 |3000

Glad to hear and thanks for the update.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic