question

bendermichael avatar image
bendermichael asked

Where does BMV 712 go in my system?

Hey there. I think I have a pretty basic wiring setup. Everything works but I have been running without a battery monitor. I just purchased BMV-712. Can you please help a nube figure out where to wire it in. Diagram attached.

BMV Battery Monitor
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

simen avatar image simen commented ·

May I ask which software you used to create this connection diagram? It looks tidy and would be handy to have.

Kind regards,
Simen

0 Likes 0 ·
bendermichael avatar image bendermichael simen commented ·

@Simen Just Google Slides. I'm afraid to say my powerpoint skills are way better than my van wiring.

0 Likes 0 ·
simen avatar image simen bendermichael commented ·

@bendermichael thank you :)

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

The load output of the MPPT 100/20 is only rated for 20A so I would not recommend to connect all your loads directly to it. Instead you should use the load output to controll a relay which is switching your loads on/off.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bendermichael avatar image bendermichael commented ·

Thank you - this is perfect. Everything is working!

0 Likes 0 ·
bendermichael avatar image
bendermichael answered ·

Thanks @Matthias Lange. I took my van out for the first time last weekend and had some electrical issues. I figured either the battery was low or I was pulling too much load from the controller. Based on your post, it must be the latter. Thanks for the diagram and relay suggestion. I had to use a relay to get a + ignition on signal for the DC to DC charger, but I copied someone else's work. If it isn't too much trouble could you help a little more by helping me to set up the relay correctly in this application please?

• Battery to 30
  • Fuse Box load to 87
  • Positive from Load slot in controller to 86
  • Negative from load slot in controller to 85

Is this correct?

Best wishes.

Mike

2 |3000