question

tacosolar avatar image
tacosolar asked

Victron Connect wants to install Firmware 1.50 to MPPT100/30 twice: 1st to MPPT100/30, then to BlueSolar

Hi, I'm new to this forum and Victron devices.

I have a relatively new (3mo.) MPPT 100/30. Just went to check status with Victron Connect on my Mac running Mojave and the MPPT 100/30 required a firmware update.

Victron Connect showed correct 100/30 device and firmware version info so I proceed with the update. It appeared to install the FW correctly but when I reconnected after update the Victron Connect software put me back in the update sequence, but this time it showed an icon and firmware versions for the BlueSolar device - not the MPPT that I have.

I was reluctant to proceed but the Victron Connect SW would not let me connect w/o the 2nd update to the erroneous hardware. So, after scouring the internet for advice, with fingers crossed I went ahead and applied the second firmware update.

After that Victron Connect allowed me access to my MPPT 100/30 and seems to be functioning correctly, showing data, etc. Has anyone experienced this?

Why would the MPPT 100/30 ask to update firmware twice: 1st to it's correct HW/FW version then to a version for a different device (Blue Solar…)?

Thanks!

firmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

The first update was for the internal Bluetooth adapter and the 2nd was for the MPPT itself.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic