question

bowpay avatar image
bowpay asked

BMV712 Without Display?

Is the BMV712 able to connect directly to a Cerbo without the display? Smartshunts are out of stock everywhere and I am in a hurry. Figured I would use the BMV712 without the display.

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ยท

The BMV requires the display to make the connections and do the processing.

You cannot use it without.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bowpay avatar image bowpay commented ยท

Thank you. Is the out of stock due to a supply chain issue or demand?

0 Likes 0 ยท
pyro avatar image
pyro answered ยท

This out of stock issue is frustrating. My dates kept getting pushed back, now it's into August. Been waiting patiently for 6 months since these were announced. Finally I gave up on the smartshunt, had to get a BMV-712. I would have been able to wire the smartshunt 3 ft away to the Cerbo nice and easily, but now with the BMV-712 I had to run the display to somewhere that was viewable, which then means you need to run a VE Direct cable all the way back to the Cerbo. But the benefit is the added display which is indeed handy.

And then the Cerbo's are equally backordered. So I had to go the Raspberry Pi route instead of Cerbo.

1 comment
2 |3000

It's indeed frustrating for all @pyro, customers, dealers and Victron.

Both Cerbo GX and SmartShunt are great products. I am also happy to hear that you have stuck with Victron and found a work around.

Stock has been going out as available to those suppliers that place back orders given the demand, transport and production restrictions.

0 Likes 0 ยท