question

ant avatar image
ant asked

Multiplus chatter noise. What is it?

Hi. My Quattro is tripping fairly often. When I turn it on it often develops a loud humming/chattering sound (I have included a link below to a recording the sound as I start up, then it trips after a short while). It's not related to load, as it happens when the device is isolated from the loads as well. Any ideas what it might be?.

I think it is from the top right of the box, behind the circuit board. The sound does not always occur. I can't find a pattern

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L4-mZaWEftWAwWQJaimiz0CatV1xImYf/view?usp=drivesdk

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Please make the sound file public.

From your description I think it is the power pack.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ant avatar image ant commented ·

Apologies Matthias. It is now shared publically

Anthony

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ ant commented ·

After hearing the sound I would say it's the power pack and your should get in touch with your dealer to ask for a repair/RMA.

How old is the device?

0 Likes 0 ·
ant avatar image ant Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

I think 6 years. This issue with my device tripping intermittently (sometimes 3 times a day, sometimes once a week) has been going on for almost 2 years (only occassionally with the sound though; normally silent). On your advice I took it to a authorised victron centre early 2019 and they couldn't find a fault. I'm far from the dealer so I just got used to resetting the device remotely every time it tripped. Over the last few days it has got very much worse (with the sound now common) so hopefully this time the victron centre will be able to find something.

0 Likes 0 ·