question

ehsab avatar image
ehsab asked

Integrating Windenergy to a Victron installation

Hi,

I've been looking to integrate a SWT (small wind turbine) to my Victron Quattro installation and have some questions.

Is there a supported partner for integrating wind into a victron system? In my research i've found that the Bornay windturbines seams to be a good choice. Any one here that has some experiences with these units? What is possible to integrate to VRM for example?

It would be awesome if one could monitor the information from the windturbine on VRM.

What woud be best, AC-coupled (on AC-out) or on the other side (AC-in with a smart meter)?

If you (who are reading this) has allready integrated wind to a victron setup, could you please share your experience and setup?

Kind regards

ehsab

smart solar set-up help
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Steve Byrne avatar image
Steve Byrne answered ยท

I have successfully run a Bornay turbine with a grid tie inverter, connected on the AC out side of my multiplus. I ran the AC output of the turbine inverter through an Energy meter (112) which was very accurate, and then the energy meter shows up as a PV inverter in the CCGX / VRM.
However I am now changing to the new Bornay Wind+ MPPT, which is more efficient. Bornay do have some code to bring data into Venus OS GX devices using modbus, and I am in the process of trying to make this work successfully. I will update as I go along.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ponzoa avatar image ponzoa commented ยท
Have you since had any luck with that MODBUS integration on the MPPT+? I'm sure many of us would love to read some details about how that went and if it worked, how you did it.
-1 Like -1 ยท
houser avatar image houser ponzoa commented ยท
Would also be interested in how that worked out if possible.
0 Likes 0 ยท

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic