question

launacorp avatar image
launacorp asked

MPPT 75/15 shows no output current after short on the output

Hi,

after repositioning my MPPT 75/15 and some Hardware after it, I shortened the output of the MPPT. The fuse has blown.

After I removed the short and reinstalling a new fuse, the MPPT doesn't show any output current. The load output is actually on and the devices on the load output are on.

Okay, I think the MPPT is defect now. Couse of my f****** foult I can't use the guarantee. Is there any circuit diagram availible, so that I can fix it my self?

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

There is no circuit diagram available.
As I can see the MPPT is fully sealed with epoxy so I don't think can get it apart without destroying it.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

launacorp avatar image launacorp commented ·

I made some thoughts about it. Epoxy would not be the problem for me.

I first think, that the Shunt has been blown but then I won´t have any output couse of an open circuit. I think the analog to digital converter on the µC is blown. Replacing the µC would´t be the problem for me. Those are most standardized and I have the experience to do that. The actually problem would be the software that I have to flash on on couse I don´t have it and it isn`t listed on the Homepage.

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ launacorp commented ·

Please talk to your supplier first before attempting to open it up.

0 Likes 0 ·
launacorp avatar image launacorp Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Now it shows output current. Sometimes, sometimes not...

So far I can combine it is when PVwatts are over 80W or so.

As far as I know the 2 years Warranty in Germany don't cover such stupid things I made. I ordered a new 100/20 and if it arrives the old one get on eBay.

Thanks for your answer.

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ launacorp commented ·

Perhaps it doesn’t, but it certainly doesn’t once opened.

All Victron power electronics have a 5 year warranty,

This form should be the next step - https://professional.victronenergy.com/support/?is_next=www.victronenergy.com

Then you will know for sure.

0 Likes 0 ·