question

acorton avatar image
acorton asked

All three lights flashing on 150/70

Hello, I was checking on my charging system like I do everyday and I noticed all three light on my 150/70 charge controller were blinking 7-8 times and returning to the normal bulk, absorb, float light for about 3 seconds and then started blinking again. I updated the firmware from 1.46? I believe to the new 1.50 and its still doing it. I have two 330w panels wired in parallel going to two Lion 100ah batteries also in parallel. I've had this system setup and running for 7 months with no issues except for this now.

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
jperez (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
jperez (Victron Energy Staff) answered ยท

Hi,

You are describing the connection flash pattern. Probably your phone is constantly trying to connect to the MPPT.

To fix this, toggle flight mode on, wait 10 seconds and then switch it off. If you have used more than one phone to connect to the MPPT you must perform this actions on all them that are in range of the MPPT until this behavior stops.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

acorton avatar image
acorton answered ยท

OK it seems to have stopped all three blinking but now the bulk light is blinking once every 5 seconds or so. Is this a way to increase lifetime of the lights from the new update? It's still operating just fine though.

Thank you for your help!

2 comments
2 |3000

The blink every 4 seconds means that there is a VE.Smart Network configured and the MPPT is receiving data.

0 Likes 0 ยท
acorton avatar image acorton jperez (Victron Energy Staff) โ™ฆโ™ฆ commented ยท

Fantastic! Thank you very much! Very happy with the product though! Has kept me off grid for 7 months straight now. Thank you again!

0 Likes 0 ยท