question

cterwilliger avatar image
cterwilliger asked

Do we need to include the open source software license when using parts of Victron open source code?

Does Victron want us to include their MIT open source license on projects we create with portions of their code?

software
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

cterwilliger avatar image cterwilliger commented ·

mvader? anyone?

1 Like 1 ·
2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi, my apologies for the delay. What exact project are you talking about?

We don’t require more than the MIT license itself does.

We do appreciate a mention of some sorts. And am always curious and interested to hear about re-use.

all the best, Matthijs

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

cterwilliger avatar image
cterwilliger answered ·

I wrote an Arduino library based on the reference code in the VE.Direct FAQ. (VeDirectFrameHandler). Just wanted to include an appropriate license:

https://github.com/cterwilliger/VeDirectFrameHandler

Thank you!

2 comments
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi, for me its good like this. If you want to add a license, consider MIT. Thats the one that came out of our short study; already years ago.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Ps nice work!

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic