question

tjp avatar image
tjp asked

Victron IP22 30a 3 output wiring

Hi Everyone, my first post, i hope you can help. In my van I have 2x 110ah leisure batteries wired in parallel and bought the IP22 30a 3 output charger my question is which is the right way to connect it to the battery bank. 1- only use one of the three outputs to charge both batteries as they are in parallel or to use two outputs one to each of the batteries? Also can the negative from the charger go to the main negative bus bar connected to the batteries negative and ground to the chassis. Hope that's clear enough.

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
idunne avatar image
idunne answered ·

I WOULD LIKE TO NO THIS ASWELL......

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nairbbrian avatar image
nairbbrian answered ·

Just use 1 output for the 2 batteries in parralel, which is really one large battery, as you will get 30A from a single output, if that is the only one used. If using all 3 ourputs then the total output is still 30A but is divided between the 3. Make sure that your negative goes through the same path as the solar charger if you have a shunt in your system so that the state of charge is kept correct

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic