question

greg-walton avatar image
greg-walton asked

Venus GX Overvoltage Repair

Hi. My Venus is totally dead. I suspect an over voltage as the battery stopped and the mppt voltage probably increased and supplied the Venus with more than 70V. Can it be repaired?. I have opened up but don't see any visible damage. Thanks
overvoltage
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
ewalderasmus avatar image
ewalderasmus answered ยท

Hi Greg, Can you post some photos? maybe someone else can spot something.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

greg-walton avatar image greg-walton commented ยท

Hi Ewald, there are no physical damages to the board, so nothing really to show. Thanks for your reply.

0 Likes 0 ยท
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ยท

@Greg Walton, the MPPT will never output that high of a voltage - regardless of what PV voltage is coming into the MPPT, output voltage will be determined by your charge profile.

There are no user-serviceable parts in the Venus. Have you checked the fuse in its power supply? If you have, and you have absolutely verified that it is good, please contact your dealer for additional troubleshooting steps and/or to inquire about warranty service, though be advised that by opening it you've definitely compromised its eligibility for warranty coverage... that'll be a discussion between you and the dealer from whom you purchased it, however.

Best of fortune!

1 comment
2 |3000

greg-walton avatar image greg-walton commented ยท

Thanks Justin. However in my silliness I replaced the power cable supplied with the Venus with a longer cable as needed to. Unfortunately thereby removing the protection fuse. It is now on the new one! There are no physical damages to the unit, I was hoping to see a blown cap or something which I could replace but nothing at all obvious.

Thanks for your reply.

0 Likes 0 ยท

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic